starcat;563007 Wrote:
> Is a  Celeron 1.6Ghz with 4GB and teamed dual GigE NICs on a full
> switched Cisco GigE network a slow system?
> If I am to get more performance I would immediately change to C2D or i5
> with 8GB, is that your suggestion?
>
> Regarding cover art size, just take a look what iTunes does - would
> like the same. Everything else with SBS is almost perfect, but forgive
> me, using a Web interface instead of a local GUI is just, well, very
> flexible and ok for general mobile access (still prefere iPeng anytime)
> but nothing, really unusable if you sit in front of a laptop client and
> try to dig through a very large library just with the web GUI. Not to
> speak about lib re-organisation, drag-and-drop, playlist management,
> etc... just really unusable. And yes, I would even pay money for a
> native client like iTunes that accesses SBS directtly and *not* trough
> some Ajax, Flash or anything like http.
>
> Just my 0.02 for anyone spending his time on development.

Moose

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio