bluegaspode;563045 Wrote:
> Isn't the caching that iPeng does 'good enough' ? As far as I know it
> caches the album and artist list even if you stop it. Coverart seems to
> stay in memory as long as the App is running.
> I don't feel the slight delay when loading coverart annoying. I don't
> even find the loading time of the real album list in SqueezePad too
> annoying but that might depend on the size of the libray (could also be
> because the progress bar makes the loading time feel faster than on the
> real device).

Oh, I've got a user with more than 100.000 Tracks on a ReadyNAS.
probably a bit too much :)

If you've got a slow or busy server every menu level can be quite
delayed. But I believe the right way to counter that is to have a
faster server.
Plus, SBS 7.6 is a big progress in that respect.

> By the way - I wouldn't want an iPad app to use all the 64MB just to
> have all the coverart downloaded for instant access.

You mean GB? You can't do that anyway :)

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com