I found a workaround for the bug for anyone brave enough to mess with
the perl files of your installations.
It's only recommended if you cannot find some older nightly build or
don't want to revert to the stable 7.5.3.

On your server find the file "Cometd.pm"
- on linux "find / -name "Cometd.pm"
- on Mac: in Finder go to "/Library/PreferencePanes", right click
"Squeezebox.prefPane" and select "show package contents", then go to
"Contents/server/Slim/Web/Cometd.pm"
- on Windows: sorry I don't know

in the file find the following snippet (it's very far down):

Code:
--------------------

        # Queue request results via Manager
        my $clid = $request->connectionID;
        $manager->queue_events( $clid, $events );

        # It's possible for multiple callbacks to be triggered, for example
        # a 'power' event will send both serverstatus and playerstatus data.
        # To allow these to batch together, we need to use a timer to call
        # deliver_events
        Slim::Utils::Timers::setTimer( undef, Time::HiRes::time() + 0.2, sub {
                $manager->deliver_events( [], $clid );
        } );

--------------------

replace the whole snippet with the following two lines (this is the
code where it still works)

Code:
--------------------

        # Deliver request results via Manager
        $manager->deliver_events( $events );

--------------------

Don't upgrade anymore then (or repeat the patch until the bug report
has been closed).

--
bluegaspode

Big Screen for great Boxes available now at your AppStore: *'Squeezebox
+ iPad = SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)* - -now featuring streaming
to iPad!-
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)

Setup: 1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 2xSB-Radio
Server (7.5.x) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.