strindberg;630750 Wrote:
> Has anyone tried running Squeezeplayer on an Android over an SSH tunnel
> (over 3G)? I would love to be able to connect remotely to my server,
> but I am reluctant to do so without proper security configured.
>
> Has anyone tried this with SSH or VPN? Would it work?

Hi strindberg,

Together with another user I tried with SSH tunneling using 'irrsi
connectbot'. This tool allows to configure port forwarding via SSH and
is really easy to setup (when one has a Linux server with an already
open SSH port).

Unfortunately there seems to be a bug down the network route/tunnel:
The connection to the download Stream (stream.mp3) never ends (at least
from the perspective of SqueezePlayer), so SqueezePlayer doesn't know
when to start downloading the next song.
So with this solution one needs to skip song by song :(
We tried to analyze network logs, but didn't come to a conclusion yet.

I didn't look yet if there are other SSH clients available that create
a better working tunnel.

OpenVPN should work too of course, didn't have time to test this yet,
but would be interested of course if someone else has set this up
already.

--
bluegaspode

Big Screen for great Boxes available now at your AppStore: *'Squeezebox
+ iPad = SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)* - -now featuring streaming
to iPad!-
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)

Setup: 1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 2xSB-Radio
Server (7.5.x) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.