jt25741;630956 Wrote:
> I've had good success using Connectbot/Squeezebox server.     First
> setup the port forwards, then I use AOnline Radio App... to setup a
> "radio station" to stream from localhost:9000/stream.mp3.     The
> squeezebox server streams perfectly.
Yep - streaming and remote controlling is absolutely no problem with
connectbot. And with an endless streaming Radio Station one won't even
recognize any problems that happen when using multiple tracks.

When you use stream.mp3 directly one has to manually skip/reload the
stream.mp3 for the next song of the playlist to play anyway - with
SqueezePlayer this is not needed (also the buffering problems don't
exist here) under normal circumstances.

As said: the only issue I had with SqueezePlayer via SSH tunnel was,
that when one has multiple tracks in the playlist, due to problems of
the tunnel SqueezePlayer won't recognize automatically when a track is
finished - so won't skip automatically to the next one like it normally
does.

--
bluegaspode

Big Screen for great Boxes available now at your AppStore: *'Squeezebox
+ iPad = SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)* - -now featuring streaming
to iPad!-
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)

Setup: 1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 2xSB-Radio
Server (7.5.x) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.