Danny8;635629 Wrote:
> Hi, I see now that you've shown me the tip.
>
> Hopefully, someone with iTune importation experience can chime in to
> help out.
>
> It seems Squeezebox Server must perform -some- kind of database
> building. But maybe not. I'll take a look at the wiki and see if that
> sheds any light.
>
> I suspect you wish to use a single set of library files and access it
> from either Squeezebox or iPod (or similar) as your need fits. Does
> that describe your scenario? If so, it seems reasonable. It's the way
> I'd want to do it -- it's your music and you shouldn't be forced to
> favor one device over the other.
>
> That being said, I don't know if that's how SB Server is intended.
> Apple doesn't necessarily make concessions to people that wish to build
> a 'hybrid' music delivery system. Surely other people are doing this
> hybrid-type thing.
>
> I'm tempted to suggest that you index your files the 'normal' way in
> addition to providing the iTunes setup. Just to see what it does.

No, I just have some regular playlists.  So, there is no real reason to
have iTunes integration and I can certainly create new playlists.

I have turned off the iTunes applet and I've pointed SBS to the
iTunes/music location and its indexing right now.  Scanning has
completed and I can access artists, albums, genre etc, the artwork is
present and it all seems to function.

Thank you.

I am not an Apple fan... its just another tool, however, it would have
been nice to use the same tool across all my platforms.

Thanks for you help aubuti and Danny.
Best
Phil

--