eganders;640712 Wrote:
> The idea that either a monophonic Radio, or the conglomeration of a
> Touch plus separate amplified speakers, is a substitute for a decent
> table stereo player, is laughable on many levels, including cost,
> functionality, ease of use, etc.
>
> I've had recent opportunities where a "Boom 2", or the like, would have
> been a perfect choice.  Unfortunately no such device exists today, so
> we've had to go a different direction.
>
> Sad.

Which direction did you go? I'd love to know of decent table stereo
that has better functionality than a squeezebox. Can it access
spotify/napster/pandora etc. Can it sync with other music systems?

I think many of us agree that a Boom2 with previously mentioned
features would be an excellent device, but in the meantime at least
compare like for like

--
gruntwolla

conservatory - classic
lounge - duet plus AE5 speakers
master bedroom  - boom
sons room       - radio
games room      - boom
squeezecommander and squeezeplayer on htc desire
ipeng on other half's iphone