Well, a technician from the cable company came out today and checked to
see if the system was properly grounded.  It was.  He did re-do the
confections, I guess mainly because I was standing there watching him.

This tech said he really didn’t think the surge came from the cable.
He thought my DVR and TV would have been damaged had the cable been the
conduit.

I told him I now have surge protectors for the cable and he was not
impressed.  His thought was a surge from lightening would happen so
quickly it would overwhelm the surge protector.

Any thoughts?

I shipped off my integrated amp today.  The manufacturer has a $120
flat rate for repairs.

--
CharlieG