Every once in awhile I will hear a track that doesn't sound like it has
the right adjustment, but by and large it works well for me.  I still
remember how often I had to change the volume before I had ReplayGain
tags; I don't have anything approaching that problem anymore. I used to
loud or too soft, but I haven't done that in awhile, either.

BTW most of my listening is also random, and most of my collection is
FLAC. I do seem to recall that when I first applied RG tags to my
collection, somehow not all my tracks got tagged.  It became very
noticeable which tracks didn't have a RG tag, and the volume variation
drove me nuts.  I went back and retagged the entire collection (and
every time I rip a new CD I have dbPowerAmp tag the tracks), and things
got much better. On the rare occasion where I buy a track online, if I
forget to go back and apply an RG tag it becomes very obvious the first
time the track comes up in the mix.

--
GeeJay

2-SB3s, 1-Duet, 1-Touch...and an iPeng convert.