The other thing I find about using ReplayGain, even worse than my
disappointment with its effectiveness, is that it makes listening to
internet radio very inconvenient. Virtually every RG tag in my library
is a negative value, with most somewhere between -5 and -7dB. When
internet radio is played it BLASTS on all three systems, forcing me to
run around the house turning everything down. If I want to switch back
to local library listening, it's the reverse. I listen to internet
radio much less since setting RG on my Squeezeboxes.

--
JJZolx