Squid;648956 Wrote:
> I don't see why the internal and external ports would have to be the
> same, as NeoRouter is doing the translation. That's how these VPN
> tunnels work. It listens to port 29000 on my Android phone so
> SqueezePlayer can connect. At the other end of the tunnel, NeoRouter
> connects to port 9000 of my Squeezebox Server. This works for
> SqueezeCommander just fine.
>
> I suspect that it's the streaming that won't work over the VPN
> connection.
>
> Edit: well, low and behold, it works when I revert to the standard
> port. I figured I didn't really need alternate ports for Squeezebox as
> they are non-standard ports anyway and would not interfere with
> anything else on my Android.
> It's not quite fluent though and breaks up here and there, so it might
> just be the hotspot connection that is not stable enough.

Please read the blog on my homepage about remote streaming
(www.squeezeplayer.com).
There is a chapter about reducing the bandwidth when streaming to
SqueezePlayer.

As you already found out you don't need to change ports.
3483 is registered to slimdevices, so noone else is allowed to use it
9000 might be shared with media servers like twonky, that's why it can
be configured to be a different port.

If using a VPN tunnel keeping the default ports is also no security
issue.
Happy streaming.

--
bluegaspode

Did you know: *'SqueezePlayer' (www.squeezeplayer.com)* will stream all
your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? *'Squeezebox + iPad =
SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)*
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)