stewa;654317 Wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a Squeezebox 3 and a Duet connected to Squeezebox server running
> on WHS 2011. I recently moved from a PogoPlug ARM setup to WHS 2011 to
> try and get around a number of problems I have been having for a period
> of time. However moving the server does not seem to have fixed the
> problems.
>
> Problems
>
> 1) When I go start the SB 3 ( which is connected to my main Hi-Fi setup
> ) it regularly has to be powered off before it will connect to the
> server. I normally have to do this to the Duet Receiver as well.
>
> 2) My network gets flooded and I have to restart the SB 3. The SB 3
> seems to flood the network. Whilst the network being flooded other
> activities on the network come to a grinding halt and Music on the
> Squeezebox only plays for a few seconds every minute.
>
> 3) This is more of a general issue than a problem. The system is just
> not wife friendly. Every time I go to show my wife how to use the
> system, something goes wrong or the interface on the web or controllers
> are too complex to be wife or family friendly.
>
> I have had the system for several years but have had varying problems
> over the years which have left me feeling that the solution it not
> really consumer friendly.
>
> b.t.w. I have worked in IT for over 20 years, so do not have any issues
> with setting the system up etc.
>
> If I could at least resolve the issue where having to restart the SB 3
> and Receiver frequently then I might be able to persuade the family to
> use the system.
>
> Thanks

Try giving the SB3 and the Server static IP addresses.

Also make sure that either the SB3 or the Server is WIRED to the router

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.