garym;657697 Wrote:
> Once sheevaplug is on your LAN, can you copy over your LAN to the HDD
> connected to sheevaplug.(from, say, your laptop with new music files on
> its harddrive)?  (I understand you want to automate this, but I'm just
> asking about the normal manual copying over the LAN as I'm about to set
> up a squeezeplug....)

I've only had the squeezeplug running for a couple of days, so although
the Sheevaplug is visible on my LAN, to answer  your question, no not
yet! Until I do  some research, I'll have to download new music onto my
dektop as per normal, connect the external drive,copy the new files,
reconnect the hdd to the plug, and rescan. Very laborious!

There are obviously easier ways to do this. I'll check out Castalla's
replies and get back yo you,

Trev

--
gruntwolla

conservatory - classic
lounge - duet plus AE5 speakers
master bedroom  - boom
sons room       - radio
games room      - boom
squeezecommander and squeezeplayer on htc desire
ipeng on other half's iphone