VirusKiller;661407 Wrote:
> Sorry if I missed this, but will the current app work on iOS5?

The golden master of iOS5 is available only since yesterday.
As one has to download >1GB (new development environment, the iOS5
images) with very slow download rates and I only got as far as
installing iOS5 just yesterday.

There is one known bug with the playback feature and iOS5: when you
pause the stream, the volume gets reset to 0 everytime (seems like iOS
doesn't report the volume correctly anymore, when the stream is
stopped). If one listens to music very often, this issue will feel
nasty.
There are also some minor rendering problems on the settings screen.

One of my beta testers used iOS5 already and didn't report further
problems, which makes me believe that  99% of SqueezePad will work
fine.

As Apple will be flooded with App updates right now (new Apps just with
features for iOS5 and old Apps with bugfixes) I expect the review times
to be around two to three weeks right now.

So whatever other bug is found in my or every other App - only in about
three weeks there will be serious chances for developers to see them
fixes.

I'm thinking of rejecting the 1.9.0 release of SqueezePad which I put
into their review queue on Sunday (but without any iOS5 related stuff),
then fix the iOS5 bugs and send 1.9.0 again, but haven't decided about
it yet.

Personally I think it's not nice from Apple, to give developers only
one week of time for testing with the final iOS version.

My advise (with every *.0 release): wait at least a week and then
Google for "iOS5 problems" to decide if you want to upgrade yourself.
This will save you from A LOT of problems not only with SqueezePad, but
all of your Apps....

--
bluegaspode

Did you know: *'SqueezePlayer' (www.squeezeplayer.com)* will stream all
your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? *'Squeezebox + iPad =
SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)*
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)