Goodsounds;675107 Wrote:
> Like most people, I'm not interested in learning about an operating
> system. I'd get more bang from the buck from learning more about some
> of the apps I need to use, like Word or Excel. But I'm not interested
> in learning more about them either.
>
> Linux's lack of acceptance among PC users is because people are happy
> to pay for the simplicity and ease of use they get from the MS and
> Apple products. These products don't need to be better, and I'll accept
> what (I think) is your view that they're inferior. It doesn't matter,
> perception wins out.

I think the lines are getting blurred here, you need to differentiate
between Linux and Vortexbox - Vortexbox is based on linux but has been
custom built to be very user friendly, auto rips, pulls in tags/artwork
etc, you can do all tasks from an easy to use web interface, you don't
need to be "geeky" and get into the bones of it, that is one of the
beauties of the distro.

Whereas if I build a windows home server I would have to install LMS,
configure various settings etc. etc., much the same using a mac mini

--
socistep