aubuti;676982 Wrote:
> Would it be good enough to view albums sorted by artist/band and year?
> That's quite easily done with the default web ui skin and several other
> interfaces.
>
> I can see how that would be cumbersome for people with huge
> collections, as the grouping (not the sorting) is by albums rather than
> artists. But I find it works great with my modest collection of about
> 600 albums.
> > Kvaks;676994 Wrote:
> > I'm not sure what you mean. Could you be more specific? :-) (I have
> > around 3000 albums and don't use the main menus, except to browse by
> > genre (but that's just because there's no genre-search in the WebUI).)> >
It's simple. In the main menu (on the web ui, SB Duet Controller,
iPeng, probably SqueezeCommander, etc) go to My Music > Albums. You get
a list of albums. I think the default sorting is by album title across
all artists (yuck!), but there are options to sort by Artist / Year or
Artist / Year / Album, which is essentially what you are asking for.

The main difference is that in album browsing the unit of observation
is an album, instead of an artist. So when browsing albums you get a
very "flat" presentation of your library, just as if the physical disks
were arranged on a shelf. Even though each line is an album, the
_sorting_ can be by Artist / Year (in chronological order, not reverse
chronological). When browsing by artists (which is what I think you're
saying you want), you would browse artists and then go a level deeper
to see the individual albums.

Is that clearer?

--
aubuti