mherger;677864 Wrote:

> I think you really should know clearly what you're going to do with
> your
> tablet, before you decide what to buy.

The tricky part is that with new type of devices like this the things
you "think" you are going to use it for can often be quite different to
what you actually end up using them for.

Primarily I just want something Android based to try it out and to be
able to test the Squeezebox Android apps. So I want something that's as
compatible as possible with most of the Squeezebox remote apps
available.

If I've understood correct, HTC has some issue with the Logitech
Squeezebox app so based on this I think I need something else than a
HTC.

The Samsung devices (Galaxy Note and Tab 7.7 or Tab 8.9) looks nice,
does anyone have experience using them together with Squeezebox remotes
?

A friend of mine have a Motorola Xoom, which he likes, but I don't
think it has the latest Android version.

Are some manufacturers better than others regarding offering upgrades
of the Android OS ? Or is all pretty bad so you basically have to get
new hardware if you want the latest Android version ?

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
Interested in music discovery ? See 'Social Music Discovery (SMD)'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=656713) project.