Gingernut63;679147 Wrote:
> Yes with a playlist of several thousand songs it will take some time to
> sync but then I can say it is not usual to have a playlist that long.

I don't completely agree.
Of course you never have such long current playlist with LMS, because
it would be impossible to use it.
But there is no problem wih MediaMonkey.

When I have this situation (some of my friends using Itunes on Macs do
the same), it is because you just display your entire library.
You have a look at it, choose some track in the middle and just let it
go.
When you feel like it, you go back to the list and change.

This is not uncommon and I have often seen people using their library
this way.

There is no reason to care about current playlist length, because
popular softwares do no suffer from LMS problems.

Of course in the mean time, I know it is not good to do that when you
control a Squeezebox with MonkeySqueeze, and I avoid it.

But it would be nice not having to care about that.
An option in MonkeySqueeze preferences to define a limit would be
nice.
A default value of 100 for example should do it.
You usually get back to the player to change what you are listening, or
to stop it, before having listened to several thousands tracks.
And anyway LMS cannot handle such a list, so ...

--
nicolas75