gharris999 wrote:
> Quick (trivial) question about squeezeslave-1.2-365-osx running on my
> 2011 Mac-Mini, OS X Lion:
>
> Despite using --name HDMI or --output 2 with squeezeslave, I can't get
> any sound if there is a stereo-miniplug plugged into the headphone
> socket.  VLC, if it's ouput is set to HDMI, doesn't have this problem
> and I'll get sound from my HDMI connected monitor's speakers.  Any idea
> why this should be so?
>
> Anyway, I'm finding that booting into Lion is such a PITA that I'm
> finding excuses not to do so.  Lion doesn't play well with my KVM
> [unlike windows 7 or Fedora on the same hardware] so I end up having to
> now switch both video AND audio connectors.

I confirmed that vlc used coreaudio directly and there's talk of
portaudio support being removed altogether.

>From the slimaudio_output log it appears that portaudio is confused as
squeezeslave should not open the device at 48KHz which the log clearly
shows it has.

paDeviceInfo->deviceid 2
paDeviceInfo->maxOutputChannels 2
paDeviceInfo->defaultSampleRate 48000.000000

I was unable to reproduce this on my mid-2010 mini at home running snow
leopard and I don't have access to hdmi equipment at the office where my
2011 mini running lion lives.

Until portaudio supports hot plug devices, I can't see being able to fix
this issue anyway.