Money, money, money... - Nothing actually new – at least Logitech openly
talks with the community. Very much appreciated!

Hosting our requests for internet radio requires some computer power and
a big one. It does not matter where servers are: in amazon or somewhere
else – this is just expensive.
Products like Duet, Touch, and complete palette of classical SlimDevices
– these all do not generate (enough?) revenue to keep it up and running.

This was clear a mistake to keep "central server" in the concept from
the day 1.

What was good – to go for IPO or in this particular case for
acquisition.
I truly appreciate whole SlimDevice team as great visionary engineers
and businessmen! Well Done ! I truly appreciate it.

I was not expecting Logitech committing anything for our community and
our devices - this would economically not wise.
Even a source code keeps quite some Know-how, which is a key. I would
not be surprised if Logitech will get some patents to keep it protected
– at least I would do it.

I personally like comment "Mnyb | September 28th, 2012 at 9:24 pm" as
correctly pointing issues out.

"Me too" stream has the same infrastructure issue inherited in the
business model - all that devices will follow the same path: moderate
sales and short live. It is only matter of time. All reasons were
already well listed in this forum.

The good news is: all that new Logitech iRadio devises will be rather
emotional purchases with short living time with no regret, and will be
dumped by owners much quicker keeping Logitech infrastructure burden
significantly lower.

We might see great success this Christmas season, or silent sunset
afterwards.

I am not going to join the pessimistic stream about Duet and whole
abandoned camp, rather see weak business reasons to keep huge
infrastructure with no revenue generation up and running – it does not
make much sense economically, at least to me.
Logitech is a public company – there is no any reason to blame them for
acquiring startups and discontinuing ideas, which do not take mass
market.

As I’ve already mentioned in one of my previous posts:
It would be nice if Logitech creates ultimately "LAST" release with no
dependency on central Logitech server, with possibility to connect
external internet radio typing their IP in the configuration – at least
this might keep the community happy.