Neil,

It was late when I wrote the last message.  I meant when I run slim.exe
in a CMD window and I have "-verbose 1" in the slimserver-convert.conf
file.

It runs with the nice time counter rolling over.  If you mess with the
scroll bar, mplayer seems to stop I presume it can't output to the
window and so audio stream processing also stop - it is mainly a simple
one thread program.

Whenever I do long tests with Windows - I used to come back to the
system and find it frozen. I blamed on powersave but now I think there
is something else as I have disabled them all (I think).  The
datastream to BBC is stopped with regular TCP acks but the TCP window
not moving - this means Mplayer has a full output buffer or problem
with output to display - not sure which or why ?  But I don't think
looking at these problems will help sort the garble issue so I'll stick
to Linux.

The file you used to build the latest version of Mplayer was the file I
posted unchanged ? You didn't have to make any changes to make it work ?
My current version of demux-real has had many debug changes so I want
to go back to the beginning.

--
bpa