Ok that's interesting. I don't actually know. I think if I go down and
dig into the remote's menu system it will tell me what type of stream
but is there a way from the browser interface to answer this question?
Also, why is it that AAC would be transcoded to Flac? That seems
wasteful as you can't create something from nothing (aka, lossless from
lossy). Might be just my misunderstanding. Also, why would AAC cancel
the proxy buffer settings?

Last thought ... I'm assuming the processor load you're talking about is
on my computer that would be transcoding between AAC and Flac and
therefore I don't think there is any issue there based on the fact that
the two radios (duet and boom) can be streaming the same station and
only the duet has problems. Also the computer is quite powerful and I
never see any CPU spikes when this problem is happening (although it is
possible that I'm just not looking at the right time ... still I'd be
surprised).