I'm still occasionally seeing SqueezePlayer staying active forever in
the background even if it's not playing. I'm using the preview
(obviously have the live version, too, but my widgets are generated
using the preview so I assume that's what's running).

SqueezePlayer the last time had a power state of "on", I then went into
the App and turned it off and 15 min later it was gone, don't know which
part (opening the App or powering off the player) did the trick.

It's still unreliable behavior overall, I'm seeing this in about one of
4 uses. Android 4.2.1 on Nexus 7.