ralphy wrote:
> Try setting the usb device as your default sound device, start
> squeezeplay and then change your default device to something else.

Thanks for the tip. :)

When I go into Contol Panel to look at the sound devices, the USB device
is there (with a checkmark by it) but the button to set it as the
default device is greyed out.  The other two devices that appear (the
laptop speakers and I believe the optical output) don't have the default
option greyed out.  So it appears my laptop won't let me set the USB
device (M2Tech hiFace) as the default audio device?

It's possible I might have another option to do what I want.  I have
Foobar2000 on my laptop and it works fine with my hiFace.  I've read
there are apps that can control Foobar2000 using my iPad Mini, so I
might check out that option.

Also, perhaps I should again compare wifi streaming vs wired using the
hiFace to see if there really is a difference in AQ.  Is there any
technical reason why there would be?  If there really isn't a difference
then there's not much point pursuing the "wired" option (well, at a
minimum this is educational).

Thanks again. :)