JohnSwenson wrote:
> Some quick thinking and back of envelope figures comes up with the
> following:
> How does that sound, any thoughts?

Headphone jack?

What about an IR receiver? It would be nice to be leave open the
possibility of one day implementing a user interface, or at least having
basic (if blind) player control. Plus the ability (with the headphone
jack) to use IR Blaster.

I'm having a hard time seeing all those I/O connectors on a device that
is 3" x 3". Something the size of an SB2 or larger would be fine with
me. For sound quality, I would think the proximity of components on the
board plays a role. Does cost go up much if that board is 3" x 6" or 4"
x 8"?