Stoker wrote:
> I just turn the power off when I've finished using it, never had any
> issues, but I was wondering if that is actually a safe? I have always
> been under the impression that Unix machines need shutting down
> properly.

Well, what you should be doing and what you can get away with are 2
different things. The rootfs is a journalled ext4 partition. I've not
yet seen an instance where there has been a problem recoving from the
journal on the next reboot, after the power has been pulled, rather than
a "clean" shutdown. That's not to say it wont happen, but 99% of the
time you will get away with it. With my "do it properly" hat on, you
really should be shutting the device down from the gui and if you choose
to "halt", as it suggests, wait 30 seconds before removing power.