ralphy wrote:
> Start by turning off sound effects in squeezeplay  Settings->Audio
> Settings->Sound Effects->None
>
> This fixes the constant switching back to 44100, at least for me, when
> natigating in squeezeplay on OSX.

Hi, unfortunately this doesn't fix it for me (I had in fact already
disabled sound effects). I have a couple of different pro audio
interfaces and, as well as the built-in output, these still all suffer
audible noises (I guess due to a rapid change of attempted sample rate
lock by the DAC) when navigating >44.1k tracks, with corresponding 44100
switching observed.

ralphy wrote:
> I've also added the ability in 'r247'
> (http://squeezeslave.googlecode.com/files/SqueezePlay-7.8.0r247.dmg) to
> use Core Audio Play Nice mode if the USEPAPLAYNICE environment variable
> is defined .
>
> Doing this causes resampling within Core Audio for the selected output
> device.

Thank you so much, you have pre-empted my request - this opens up more
options to avoid the noises than just downsampling server side to 44.1k.
I have downloaded and am using it fine. I wasn't sure how to define the
variables though - I thought I should keep USEPAMAXSAMPLERATE=96000 (in
my case) in order for the server-client side of things, and for
USEPAPLAYNICE I put 96000, although maybe any value works?