Roland0 wrote:
> It will be processed / stored only once if it's the same picture for all
> the tracks.

Thanks. So when scanning the library, LMS cross-checks the embedded art
for each track and if it is a repeat of another track, they share the
same cached files? And therefore once scanning is complete, there is no
difference in storage or workload compared to a single folder.jpg with
no embedded artwork?

I looked long and hard for some basic info in layman's terms about this
but couldn't find much. I think LMS when scanning the library makes one
small and one large pre-cached image (potentially up to two cached
images per track if they were all embedded with different images) - is
that right? And these are ready-made for the thumbnail and Now Playing
views in Players? I was wondering then what exact resolution are these
images and where/in what form does the server store them?

thanks again