> From the poll thread I posted earlier:
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98198-Usage-of-online-services-in-your-family
> I got the feeling that most people didn't even want to consider having
> multiple accounts for premium streaming services.
All I can guess is that many have figured out a workaround that I
haven't.  I get the "This player is already registered to another user."
message way too often and have to shuffle things around to get what I
want.

> I'm less optimistic about having some kind of pool solution where you
> can setup a pool of premium streaming accounts, for example three
> Pandora accounts, and the system picks the first free account when
> someone wants to stream Pandora music. I think such solution would
> probably violate the user agreement some of the premium streaming
> providers have and it will also result in that you loose all
> personalization features the premium streaming provider offers you to
> setup in their account.
I'm not thinking of a pool, but independent inputs where the server just
allows the user to pick the source.  I'd pick streaming device 1, the
kids would pick streaming device 2.  A device associated with each
account so I can't see how any terms of service could be violated.  It
wouldn't be much different than hooking up two streaming devices to an
AV receiver with mutli zone capability.

> None of this is of course a problem for premium streaming services that
> allows multiple songs to be streamed simultaneously from the same
> account, I'm not sure what kind of restrictions Pandora have in this
> regard.
Pandora doesn't have this capability.  As far as I know, only Rdio and
Rhapsody have services that allow family plans.

I'm not real clear on what ickstream is, but I'm guessing it might be
for people who want to have a unified view into their music no matter
where they are.  What I've been looking for is a way for distributed
home audio to be dirt cheap, support streaming music in a usable way,
and be controlled by something as elegant as ipeng.  I'd like to move
towards something similar to the attached block diagram, I think.

Good luck with your product.

|Filename: diagram.pdf                                              |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15075|