Glad the pointer was helpful. I think a lot of the cost of the Vortexbox
Appliance (VBA) is associated with it being a works-out-of-the-box
solution, and from your self-described discomfort (or, shall we say,
lack of complete comfort) with computers that may be worth the extra
money. I actually enjoy tinkering with computers, and was able to buy
the same hardware as the VBA for only a little more than half the cost
of a VBA.

A happy compromise for you could be to install the Vortexbox software
(which is free) on a PC. It replaces the PC's operating system, and is
easily managed from another computer or device. The ripping and tagging
tools are an integral part of the Vortexbox software, so you wouldn't
need to deal with separate dbpoweramp, tagging programmes, etc.