jimbobvfr400 wrote:
> You're welcome.
>
> If it helps here's a market link
>

> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.bluegaspode.squeezeplayer
>
> And also one for SB Player, which does seem to have more features and
> could possibly be a better option, however I'm 99% sure it doesn't
> support 2.3. I've not tried it myself because I'd already purchased
> Squeezeplayer.
>
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.angrygoat.android.sbplayer
>
> Depending on how you plan to use Squeezeplayer I'd also suggest Orange
> Squeeze as a control app on the desire Z. That way you'll have a display
> and control locally. Orange Squeeze integrates squeezeplayer into the
> player selection menu and offers an option to automatically start
> squeeze player when it starts. Other Android control apps will require
> the player app to be started manually
>
> If you're hiding the desire away and only controlling it with other
> devices then it may be wise to get squeezeplayer starting automatically
> on boot. The link below will help with that.
>
> http://www.squeezeplayer.com/2013/05/start-squeezeplayer-on-startup/
>
> OT a bit, but IMO the Z is quite possibly the best built phone I've ever
> owned, I was also a bit dubious of the hinge being a weak point but no
> such problems, mine was abused and used frequently as a torch in my job
> as an Electrician with no problems. I'm sure it could probably function
> as a hammer its that solid. :-)
>
> Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I don't get the option of SB Player in Google Play so it most likely
doesn't support 2.3.

Yes, I'll go with Orange Squeeze in order for the automatic start and to
have a player (UI) when having the phone in the dock (bought the dock
for almost nothing just a couple of months ago, just because I had this
solution in mind and I was fearing that they would stop selling them:)
But if I go with Orange Squeeze, can I still control the Desire Z from
another phone?

On the OT: I have for years, now, plagued friends and family by saying
that I own the best phone ever made :) And I still believe that for the
money it did cost, it IS the best. Rock solid. Good camera. Great
display. And a keyboard... I just recently bought an old Desire HD
(again for almost nothing) and liked the larger display so now it's time
for the Z to serve as a Squeezebox. I don't have the slightest doubt it
won't keep doing a great job :)