My music collection, currently nearly 80000 files, mainly flac files, is
quite static. Only new files or files which have been changed, are
copied for being backed up, which indeed is only a sync between
different hard discs in my server. I use a tool called AllSync
(http://www.allsync.de) which works fine. Such a backup run doesn´t take
very long.

Additional I back up to internet (Livedrive.com, only EUR 13/month for
unlimited backup for 5 PCs, runs in the background). As soon as
available again, I might additionally or alternatively back up to
internet via Online Cloud Backup www.audiosafe.com
(http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/forumdisplay.php?59-AudioSafe, runs in the
background, had  been free of charge, only downloading for restoring a
lost music collection was charged).

According to my sync and backup schedules I could deal without any
problems with a substantially greater music collection e.g. of 300000
flac files.