mikelis wrote:
> OK, forgive ny ignorance but i just read throught the whole thread to
> try to understand why i need this app and how it differs from say,
> Squeezer or Logitech's Squeezebox Android player apps that connect
> directly with the Logitech server and include a player as well.
> I still don't have an answer. Could someone please enlighten me?

Squeezer or Logitechs free App are remote control Apps. They are able to
show covers, you can browser your music library and start/stop a
particular track.
SqueezePlayer is a playback App. It receives streams from your Logitech
Media Server and outputs them through the headphone out of your phone.

Without SqueezePlayer, your Android phone can just control other
Squeezeboxes.
With SqueezePlayer, your Android phone turns into a Squeezebox on its
own.

As an analogy look at the Squeezebox Duet:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Squeezebox_Duet
SqueezePlayer is the small black box without a display that just plays
music.

Did you know: *'SqueezePlayer' (www.squeezeplayer.com)* will stream all
your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? *'Squeezebox + iPad =
SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)*
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)