garym wrote:
> I've narrowed it down a bit. This only seems to happen on a compilation
> where it is multidisk and there is an ALBUM ARTIST entered. And it
> exactly doubles the number of albums listed. Most of my compilations
> have ALBUM ARTIST blank.  Note that the Genre, ALBUM ARTIST, codec,
> album name, etc. are identical across all tracks. bitrate is a different
> (FLAC files).

So for those compilations, what is displayed in the Artist column?

I think the doubling is due to this line:

AND ct.role IN (1, 5)

which I did not change from the default SQL included with the program.

ct.role = 1 represents the contributor is the Artist.

ct.role = 5 represents the contributor is the AlbumArtist.

You can use this query to find all of them:

SELECT
TRIM(CAST(al.title AS CHAR(150))) AS "Album", TRIM(CAST(tr.title AS
CHAR(150))) AS "Track", TRIM(CAST(co.name AS CHAR(150))) AS
"Contributor"
FROM
albums al,
tracks tr,
contributor_track ct,
contributors co
WHERE al.id = tr.album
AND   tr.id = ct.track
AND   co.id = ct.contributor
AND   ct.role = 5

And change the value of ct.role to find 4 (Band). I don't know how 6 is
different than 5; I get the same list when I query for either.

Considering I have tried to be careful and not include AlbumArtist or
Band, at least now I know which tags to clean up :) Only 58 tracks for
AlbumArtist but 443 have Band.

Win7Pro(x64)[3.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD system, 15TB storage], LMS
7.7.3 -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic ->
NAD C160 -> 2 x NAD C272 -> Quad 22L2