TheLastMan wrote:
> I don't tend to make playlists that i keep forever, but I do like to
> make playlists "on the fly" as I am listening - and then bin the list at
> the end.
>
> However I have always had problems with all controllers, hardware or
> apps, where if you accidentally press the track button instead of
> calling up the sub-menu and choosing "add to end", then the controller /
> app replaces the whole list with the tracks from the album containing
> the selected track.  In the case of Orange Squeeze you have to hit the
> little triangle on the right precisely to call up the sub-menu,
> otherwise you will erase your carefully assembled playlist.
>
> Looking for a way to avoid this I found the "Default Play Mode" under
> the "Preferences" menu of Orange Squeeze.  This gives the following
> options for the action when a track entry is touched:-
> - Prompt
> - Play Now
> - Play Next
> - Add to Playlist (same as "Add to End" in the Logitech Controller
> menu)
>
> For me the most useful function was "Add to Playlist" which I selected.
> This meant that I was able to select a sequence of tracks simply by
> touching each track entry.
>
> What actually happened is that when I touched an entry all the tracks in
> that album were added to the playlist, not just the track I had touched.
> I tried this two or three times and the error was repeatable, but not
> entirely consistent.  Sometimes the individual track was added and
> sometimes the whole album, but in any case the problem made the setting
> unusable.
>
> My workaround has been to use the "Prompt" function which brings up the
> sub-menu when I touch a track, from which I can choose the "Add to
> Playlist" option (which works as expected).  This is less error prone
> than trying to hit the little triangle precisely but I would still
> prefer to use the "Add to Playlist" option if it worked reliably.

I had this same issue (in Squeeze Control as well). There's a setting in
LMS under the player tab in settings for each player that says "Play
other songs in album" that defaulted (on my system at least) to "play
other songs in album or directory". Changing this to "play only song
selected" fixed this for me.