Hi all, I checked and it's AAC - so that means the server is involved in
transcoding which means the Pi isn't up to it - ah well thanks for your
help. Anyone know of a similar device to the Pi that's capable of doing
what I'm attempting - the bottom line is I want a totally silent box - I
have a ReadyNas nv but it's a noisy bugger and also uses a lot of power
compared to the Pi which is 5 volts ( bless it )

When the going gets weird - the weird turn pro. Hunter S Thompson

CD's -> EAC/Grip -> ReadyNas NV -> CAT5 -> Sonicwall -> TP -> Meridian
551 -> Monitor Audio Gold -> Me :-)