Thanks again for the idea of using my old router - got things working
perfectly tonight !

However I am slightly confused & want to make sure I get this as robust
as possible (to minimise risk of disaster on the night).

I plugged both the Touch & laptop into router via ethernet (but the
router wifi is still enabled). I then set Networking in Touch to
"ethernet" and it seemed to link up OK. Both wifi & ethernet were still
enabled in the laptop. This method seemed to cause problems e.g. Touch
seemed to show playlist correctly but always said "stopped" at the top &
no sound.

I then disabled the wifi in laptop to try and force it use ethernet only
(although I assumed it would use ethernet by default anyway given the
choice), reconnected Touch via Networking to Touch and it works great.

However it would be great to able to control the tunes via
Squeezecommander on my phone during event, so I then re-enabled wifi on
laptop, connected laptop & phone to router wifi SSID - and this works
great.

Is it stable to have laptop both wifi enabled & ethernet connected to
router ? I am a bit concerned that the hotel wifi environment will no be
as controlled as my house & I might channel interference etc. to muck up
remote control ?

Also, will the connection between laptop server / router / Touch remain
via ethernet even though wifi is enabled in laptop / router / Touch ?

Basically I want the stability of ethernet for laptop-router-Touch
connection, and also ability to control playback via wifi with phone

Hope that makes sense !

PS This is actually for my own wedding :)

::::Touch x 2, Booms x 2, SqueezeCommander on Galaxy S3  (Duet Receiver
+ Controllers x 2 - semi-retired)