Thanks again - but I am really struggling with setting up the Duet
system to play from LMS 7.9 on the laptop via ethernet.

I've tried a Duet factory reset but can't seem to force it to use
ethernet - I only got the option once in many screens of setting up on
the Controller, and then it didn't connect.

I *have* finally managed by trial and error got it to connect to LMS via
router's wifi network,netow but this is not really what I want. The
Touch is definitely a lot easier to setup for ethernet than the Duet !

I give some more detail of the setup and hopefully one of you kind folk
will talk me through how to get this to work ...

Home wifi = "mynetwork", autochannel
Router wifi = "O2network", channel 3

Ethernet cables running from both laptop & Receiver into the router.

Tried disabling wifi in laptop to "force" LMS connection to be ethernet
only, but couldn't get Duet to connect.

Re-enabled laptop wifi & connected to "O2network", and also selected
this in Controller as network to connect to. This has finally got the
Receiver to connect to LMS and it's working fine now.

But how do force the Receiver to connect via ethernet ??

::::Touch x 2, Booms x 2, SqueezeCommander on Galaxy S3  (Duet Receiver
+ Controllers x 2 - semi-retired)