castalla wrote:
> 1972,  ... and in those days, the future was bright

Oh yes - we had the 3 day week, power cuts, IMF, streets full of
rubbish, IRA bombs, Russian aggression etc to look forward to. But the
shirts, flares and minis were nice and bright and we were younger!

For info, I haven't given up yet, I wrote to quite a few politicians,
BBC folk and even the press to let off steam yesterday but, like you,
I'm not optimistic. We're not going to get Jeremy Clarksonesque support
for this one even if we are another bunch of old techno freaks who spend
too much time and money playing with computers and old HiFi stuff. Not
as sexy as cars and therefore not many votes or emphasisers there! Will
report if I hear anything positive.