philippe_44 wrote:
> I was thinking about choosing only one option like this one
> http://www.adafruit.com/products/2423 to start with and potentially in
> the CAD design, making the housing of the screen separated to that it is
> possible, in the future, to adapt just that piece to another display.
> But this one would give a capacitive display and 4 buttons. Is 320x240
> and 2.8" enough or do you think the interest is for something bigger ? I
> was more thinking alongside of a SB Touch-like form factor so that it is
> also easy enough to print. There is a 480x320, but I don't think anybody
> wants to go resistive. The rotary button is tempting, but I have to stay
> with something that is just an assembly of existing pieces for people
> that do not want to do soldering, so we would need to find something
> that would fit on the raspi "as is" and provide pulses up/down to be
> converted to volume changes. I did not find anything (yet)
>
> In my initial thread, I said A+ but in fact it must be B+ or B2 as I
> assume some will want ethernet

Hi philippe_44,

I really like your idea.

I think the Raspberry Pi Foundation's screen will be a game changer when
(and if) it arrives. I imagine it will be using the display port and in
about a week after its release it will be the most common display.
Personally, I think the way the i2s DAC board and the screen fit
together on the RasPi will be the issue that needs to be solved with any
case solution.

regards
Greg