Mnyb wrote:
> Off topic here to i'm actually on to this ,the Idea that many modern
> loudness war treated recordings have to many adjacent full scale samples
> and these can give intersample overshots in many DAC's filters and
> oversamplers . Recordings are simply not meant to be like this so there
> is per se nothing wrong with such a DAC , but never the less at least
> benchmark has begun to design in headroom for this .

I have to disagree. DACs should not have a concept of how recordings are
meant to be - they should just be able to cope with the worst case.
Intersample "overshoots" are not that hard to deal with.

> Yes can be adressen by not having the volume at 100% but rg does it to
> by in most cases makes the  volume lovar

Indeed. How many of us play with volume at 100%?

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953