Mnyb wrote:
> Most people using the digital output uses 100% I think , that's how we
> learned to do it , should it not be bitperfect :) before the DAC .

I usually set my amp volume to a setting that gives "more than loud
enough" at 100% signal, and then turn down to comfortable level using
the player. As you say, with a 24-bit DAC you have at least 8 bits of
extra, so 48 dB before you start to eat into the SNR of the source
material.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953