danco wrote:
> So I'm wondering if there is a way of taking music that is streaming to
> an iPad (NOT stuff that is stored on the iPad) or a Mac (perhaps iPad
> preferred) and sending it to my Squeezebox.
>
> Why do I want to do this? Well, my SB is the only piece of equipment I
> have that can provide sound through my stereo system with source on a
> computer or iPad.
>
> Until the changes in the BBC earlier in the year, I was able to use
> their Listen Again with no problems, and it was a major source for me.
> But since then, whether using BBC iPlayer or BBC iPlayer Extra, it is
> just unreliable. I have the latest version of the plugins and the new
> parser, but it doesn't help. Between the BBC and my ISP, I can count on
> half or more of the things I want to listen to being interrupted.
>
> So I am looking for other methods that don't involve new hardware.
>
> Something like Nicecast on my computer might work, but I suspect there
> are better options.

Danco, a few more details of your set-up may help in regard to the
streaming.

It seems to me that perhaps some network optimisation may help.

I know that you say that you don't want new hardware, but an rpi B2 with
LMS on would make for a reliable low cost (hide it away) solution.

Then ipeng on the pad thingy.

ronnie