But a real company can probably solve that ( or buy a solution from you
) how about if another company showed up at logitechs door saying we
want to market a squeezebox can we join the club :) it has to be some
kind of business deal with my squeezebox com and al . There are already
some that do effectively sell squeezebox replacement , but they are more
below the radar basement nerd operations :) nothing wrong with that .
But getting logitechs blessing to get mysqueezebox com support and use
the squeezebox name is another thing .

Disclaimer: I'm just an engineer. I've got nothing to do with commercial decisions. Therefore this is my personal point of view:

Is it even possible to try ?

You can always try, asking is cheap. But imagine you're the owner of a massive infrastructure (many dozens of servers) to keep a dead product running. It's only cost, no income any more. Now there's a 3rd party who's asking you to keep that infrastructure alive to support _their_ products. How much money would you want from them? A lot more than they would be willing to pay, that's for sure. Because you want to be free to shut down your money drain any time you want, unless somebody else is paying for it.

--

Michael