Mnyb wrote:
> But a non techie friend of mine setup a sonos play 3 the other day
> striagth from the iPad app with no knowledge of it whatsover ...
This is the core of the issue. The Squeezebox ecosystem is complex
because it is so flexible.
Sonos is simple to operate because it's a closed system and the users
get only the facilities that Sonos dictates.
If the Squeezebox ecosystem were simplified so that it's as easy to use
as Sonos, it would lose the very flexibility that makes it unique and so
appealing to us.

Let me liken it to the process of preparing food.
The Squeezebox approach is akin to obtaining the fresh ingredients and
doing it all yourself.
Sonos is like buying a prepared meal and whacking it in the oven.
If you have the necessary skill, the former approach will yield better
results.
But if like me you are pretty hopeless in the kitchen, a prepared meal
is the way to get something edible.

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A