Mnyb wrote:
> It can be an issue if they also remove their current hifi option with CD
> quality FLAC ?
>
> The article does not say what they intend to do with the current hifi
> offering ?
> It would be really bad if they removed that . For the reason that the
> majority of recordings >99% they have in thier catalog (or any catalog )
> is basically in less than CD quality and would not benefit from MQA (If
> there was a benefit which I strongly doubt ).
> So its select labels like 2L AIX or LINN etc that have recordings that
> could take advantage of this .
>
> If they introduced some kind of super hifi service good for them , but
> if the old hifi service is intact we can still use that with our
> squeezeboxes ?

Tidal will not remove hi-fi. In order for MQA to work, it has to be
implemented two places as you probably know, so even if all Tidal was
MQA, you would still only get the old hi-fi. Actually it important to
understand Tidal will only support MAQ. This mean that they just
"transmitt" what has been offered to them from the record companies.
Right ?

Also most Tidal is FLAC quality today. I hope you are not saying than
less than 99% isn't. It's rater the opoøsite.
(All Tidal is CD quality).

Since takling about streaming quality. I'm using iPeng. I have several
times tried to convince Pippin to have a more easier way to show what
quality your stream is. With MQA even more important I think. We will se
what he comes up with.
He has given a solution that most likely will be available next year.
(You find his replay to me in his thread).