Lyster wrote:
> Roon is superior, I wholeheartedly agree.  Roon is expensive, yes.  That
> is the only downside I can see.  They are constantly upgrading the
> product (unlike LMS).  I'm going for it.... but I don't think I want a
> lifetime license...  Not yet anyway.  Look where Squeezebox went, for
> example.  And with Roon you might be able to migrate away from Logitech
> devices too.

Last Christmas Roon had a "sale": give someone a subscription for about
30% off (including lifetime, which made it a much better deal). It was
supposed to be for "new" subscribers. But you could give yourself a
subscription by setting up a Roon account (free) and an email address to
send the subscription to. Check and see if they do it again near
Christmas. They will, by the way, also allow you to "top off" a yearly
subscription to a lifetime one if you decide to upgrade - you just pay
the difference in price.

GIK Acoustics Room Treatments. CAPS4 Pipeline w/Sonore PS running
Windows 8/1 >Wyrd USB>Regen USB?Mytek 192 DSD DAC;Odyssey Kismet
(Khartago case) Stereo Amp; Devore Gibbon 9 Speakers; Dual 506 + Ortofon
M20 (occasional use);  SB Touch slaved to Empirical Audio Pace Car;SB
Boom and SB Touch in additional rooms.