You might want to consider Roon if...

a) you already have one or more Squeezeboxes (Roon will work with them)
b) you don't mind spending a bit of money (Roon has an annual
subscription fee or you can buy a lifetime license)
c) you want a far better UI than LMS provides

It was difficult for me to leave LMS behind, but I've been using Roon
ever since they started supporting Squeezebox endpoints and have really
come to love it.    IMO, it's what LMS should/could have become had
Logitech not dumped it.

So why am I still here in the Squeezebox forums?   Well, my kids and a
few stingy friends who don't want to pay for Roon are still using LMS
(often with my help).   Combined with iPeng (and rPIs if you don't have
a Squeezebox), I think LMS is still the best cheap/free solution
available.

Mike (1 SB3, 1 Duet, 1 Boom, 2 Touch, 1 SB Radio)