I have a test instance of LMS that is running most of the time without
any players attached most of the time. When I install a new LMS it goes
on that machine. I verify that the basic functions work and then it's
easy enough to pull a player from my production server. I also use this
server when I do library layout changes to make sure they'll work like I
planned. It's also a backup in the event I lose my production box. So if
these items are as you say "always player related", none of them should
show on an LMS instance with no players attached.

2 Duets - 1 for upstairs and 1 for downstairs
Rock Solid with LMS 7.8.0 and WHS 2011