My problem is that QNAP have withdrawn support for LMS because of the
security issues. If I reinstall, remove the files that FLIPFLIP
suggested and don't forward the 9000 port, will it be secure?. Long term
I will have to buy a RASPI or try and run the latest LMS in a DOCKER
which is now available on the QNAP

You should never forward port 9000 anyway.

The vulnerability wasn't in LMS itself, but in some of flipflip's code to manage it. I think there have been patches/solutions around the forum. One file needed to be replaced. But I don't remember the details.

Raspi sounds like a great idea.

--

Michael